Ward: Chadderton Central
Other councillors representing this Ward:
Saturday 10 December 2022
10.00am – 11.00am
Councillors C McLaren, E Moores and E Taylor (labour)
St Saviour's Church
Bishopsgate Street (between 207 and 213 Denton Lane)
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillors, please contact
Councillor Colin McLaren
Tel: 0161 627 4197
Councillor Eddie Moores
Tel: 07764 621 491
Councillor Elaine Taylor
Tel: 07966 297 200
53 Cragg Road
Phone: 0161 665 2699
Bus. email: email@example.com
Cllr Elaine Taylor – Chadderton Central Ward
· Public Safety
· Ensuring the local roads,
· pavements and green space are
· well maintained.
· Tackling deprivation
· Preserving local heritage
· Prevent training
· Casework and advocacy skills
Work in thecommunity
· Holding regular advice surgeries to engage with residents and community groups on a wide range of different issues.
· Supporting voluntary organisations to access the grants system to fund projects and activities within the local community.
· Successfully applied for 3 LIF bids to implement road safety measures on Firwood Park, investigate town centre improvements and develop/support a heritage project at the Nile Mill.
· Organise and take part in local litter picking activities, as well as using my Councillor budget to clear up un-adopted green spaces.
· Secured funding for improved walking/ cycling route across Crossley playing fields with additional lighting columns for safety purposes.
· Working with the New Chadderton Partnership to establish a Neighbourhood Forum and develop a shared vision for Chadderton.
· Worked with the Council’s Community Safety Team and local neighbourhood policing to help reduce Anti-social (ASB).
· Volunteer at Chadderton Day and in conjunction with Great Places organise a regular walk about on the Crossley estate.
· Work with the voluntary sector to help tackle social isolation for elderly/ vulnerable residents.
T: 0161 665 2699
Are held at Mills Hill Primary and Kingfisher School on a Friday evening and the Crossley Community Centre on a Saturday morning. Please contact me or check the website for dates and times.