Ward: Chadderton Central
Other councillors representing this Ward:
Cllr Elaine Taylor - Chadderton Central Ward
My Ward priorities
pavements and green spaces
are well maintained
Work in thecommunity
· Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Culture & Leisure
· Supporting Voluntary Organisations to access the grants system
· Holding regular advice surgeries to engage with residents and community groups
· Attending local Resident Association meetings and regular walk-about on the Crossley Estate
· Organising and taking part in local litter picking activities and cleaning up of un-adopted green spaces.
· Securing additional funding for local initiatives, such as improved/ walking cycling routes, and additional lighting columns for safety purposes
· Working with the Council’s Community Safety Team and local Neighbourhood Policing to reduce anti-social behavior
· Working with the New Chadderton Partnership to establish a Neighbourhood Forum and develop a shared vision for Chadderton
· Working with the voluntary sector to help tackle social isolation for elderly/ vulnerable residents
· Volunteering at local events such as Chadderton Day
Ward Budget Spend
· Vehicle activated signs - £1,750
· Crossey Playing Field Signs - £280
· Historic Information Boards - £830
· Local Parks - £830
· Grit Bins - £160
· Children’s Christmas Appeal/ HAF funding - £180
· Int. Women’s Day - £43
District Budget – CAB/ Off the Record/ Christmas Lights -
10.00 – 11.00am - 2nd Saturday of the month at
St Saviour Church.
5.00 – 6.00pm - 2nd Friday of the month, alternately at Mills Hill Primary school or King Fisher Special School.
Please check the Council website for full details.
Saturday 26 August 2023
11.00am – 12.00pm
Councillors Mohon Ali, Nazrul Islam and Elaine Taylor (Labour)
Chadderton Wellbeing Centre
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillors, please contact
Councillor Elaine Taylor
Tel: 07966 297 200
53 Cragg Road
Phone: 0161 665 2699
Bus. mobile: 07966297200
Bus. email: email@example.com
Cllr Elaine Taylor – Chadderton Central Ward
· Public Safety
· Ensuring the local roads,
· pavements and green space are
· well maintained.
· Tackling deprivation
· Preserving local heritage
· Prevent training
· Casework and advocacy skills
Work in thecommunity
· Holding regular advice surgeries to engage with residents and community groups on a wide range of different issues.
· Supporting voluntary organisations to access the grants system to fund projects and activities within the local community.
· Successfully applied for 3 LIF bids to implement road safety measures on Firwood Park, investigate town centre improvements and develop/support a heritage project at the Nile Mill.
· Organise and take part in local litter picking activities, as well as using my Councillor budget to clear up un-adopted green spaces.
· Secured funding for improved walking/ cycling route across Crossley playing fields with additional lighting columns for safety purposes.
· Working with the New Chadderton Partnership to establish a Neighbourhood Forum and develop a shared vision for Chadderton.
· Worked with the Council’s Community Safety Team and local neighbourhood policing to help reduce Anti-social (ASB).
· Volunteer at Chadderton Day and in conjunction with Great Places organise a regular walk about on the Crossley estate.
· Work with the voluntary sector to help tackle social isolation for elderly/ vulnerable residents.
T: 0161 665 2699
Are held at Mills Hill Primary and Kingfisher School on a Friday evening and the Crossley Community Centre on a Saturday morning. Please contact me or check the website for dates and times.