Ward: Chadderton North
Other councillors representing this Ward:
Thursday March 10 2022
2.00pm – 3.00pm
Cllrs Brownridge, Ali and Islam (Labour)
Chadderton Wellbeing Centre
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillor, please contact Councillor Ali on telephone number 07734 206623 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3, Civic Centre
Phone: 07734 206623
Cllr Mohon Ali – Chadderton North Ward
· Clean Streets
· Safe Environment
Work in thecommunity
· Improved road safety at Burnley Lane from Elk Mill Roundabout to Mills Hill train Station. Ward Councillors worked with highway engineers to design a road scheme that improves driver behaviour.
· Secured funding to improve road safety in Burnley Lane, From Elk Mill roundabout to Garforth Street
· Organized community workshops to encourage recycling and arranged trips for younger people to visit recycling facilities to see how it all works.
· Undertook several door knocking sessions to support residents to deal with the Covid Crisis.
· Organized a meeting between a major employer and local people to encourage people to take advantage of opportunities.
· Worked with community groups to transform alleyways into growing hubs.
· Organized several community clean ups in the area and arranged funding of security gates at Laburnum Avenue, Chadderton
· Worked with police to tackle anti-social behaviour in the Chadderton North area.
· Supported and led on several community initiatives to improve Educational Performances, literacy and ensure our Children are school ready from an early age.
· Developed and supported several community organizations, helping them grow and become self-sufficient.
· Held surgeries each month at Chadderton Wellbeing Centre, meeting residents to tackle a range of problems.
11 - 12pm on the last Saturday of each month at Chadderton Wellbeing Centre.
to book an appointment. Drop in or email Mohon.Ali@oldham.gov.uk