Ward: Chadderton Central
Other councillors representing this Ward:
I have been a Councillor for Chadderton Central Ward for the past eight years.
I have lived in the ward for 25 years and both of my children attended local primary and secondary schools.
I am a retired teacher with a quarter of a century’s service in a local secondary and went on to develop a second career working with young players attached to a professional football club.
I am currently Chair of Oldham Council’s Overview and Scrutiny Management Board and Vice Chair of the Licensing Committee.
I am also a Governor of the Radclyffe School and Christ Church C of E Primary School.
In addition, I am Chair of the Joint Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee for Pennine Acute NHS Trust and Vice Chair of the Joint Mental Health Overview and Scrutiny Management Board for Pennine Care NHS Trust.
I’m also on the board at Voluntary Action Oldham and Oldham Play Action Group and have helped to develop and support a significant number of voluntary groups in Chadderton.
I am Vice President of the Chadderton Historical Society as well as being Vice President and Trustee of the Chadderton Federation of Community Organisations (better known as Chadderton Together).
I have helped many local residents with advice and casework covering a considerable range of issues. This ward has seen some significant developments including the new Radclyffe School, the John Henry Newman College, the Metrolink station at Freehold, housing developments on Hunt Lane and Crossley Estate, junction improvements on Broadway, and now Foxdenton, which has required a considerable amount of ongoing investigative work to address issues raised by residents.
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillor, please contact Councillor C McLaren on Telephone number 0161 627 4197 or via email at Colin.email@example.com
Phone: 0161 627 4197
Cllr Colin McLaren – Chadderton Central Ward
MY WARD PRIORITIES
· Promoting Health and Wellbeing
· Community Safety
· Preserving our Heritage
Work in thecommunity
· Member of Chadderton District Executive
· Chair or Overview and Scrutiny Management Board, Vice Chair of Health Scrutiny Committee, Member of Licensing Committee, Member of GMCA Audit Committee, Member of GMCA Corporate Issues and Reform Scrutiny Committee, Member of Peak District National Park Authority, Trustee of Chadderton Together, Director of Chadderton Together (2019) Ltd, Director of Chadderton Building Preservation Trust Ltd, Member of Chadderton Community Benefit Society, Trustee of Crossley Community Association, Trustee of Peak District National Park Foundation, Vice President of Chadderton Historical and Heritage Society, Governor of The Radclyffe School, Trustee of Moston and District Sports and Youth Club.
· Continued to support various voluntary groups and organisations working to access the grant system to fund activities within the local community.
· Regular attendance at Oldham Council and Committee meetings.
· Continued to work with Oldham Council Officers and Greater Manchester Police to tackle anti social behaviour at Foxdenton Park and other locations leading to a reported reduction of incidents.
· Continued to work with individual residents and community groups on issues relating to Foxdenton Hall and Park, Agnes Robinson Pocket Park and the Crossley Estate.
· Supported individual residents on various issues including environmental matters, housing, road safety, council tax and parking issues.
· Held surgeries each month at the Crossley Community centre, Mills Hill Primary School or Kingfisher Community Special School until March 2020.
· Since March 2020, the Council has been at the forefront in responding to the Covid 19 pandemic including distributing emergency food, providing vital social care, running test centres and now rolling out the vaccine. All meetings have been held virtually and accessed by telephone or laptop. I have undertaken training on using this technology so that I could continue to represent the ward during this difficult time. Although it has been difficult to get out and about on occasions, I have still been available by email or telephone for anyone to contact if they had any problems with which they required assistance. I have kept in touch with community groups as much as possible but look forward to becoming more visibly active in the area again when the restrictions are finally lifted.
E: firstname.lastname@example.orgT: 0161 627 4197
M: 27581 464 535
Face to face Ward Surgeries are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please contact me by phone or email for any issues or problems.