Party: Liberal Democrats
Ward: Saddleworth West & Lees
Other councillors representing this Ward:
Parish: Saddleworth Parish - Springhead Lower Ward
Tuesday 21 November 2023
12.00noon – 2.00pm
Cllr S Al-Hamdani (Lib Dem)
2 Thomas Street
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Lib Dem Councillors, please contact:
Councillor Sam Al-Hamdani
Tel: 07378 637 637
Level 3, Civic Centre
Mobile: 07378 637637
Cllr Sam Al-Hamdani – Saddleworth West and Lees
My Ward priorities
Road safety – prioritizing key locations for road improvements, particularly Huddersfield Road/Stamford Road, Medlock Way, Rhodes Hill, Cooper Street and Under Lane.
Fair development –prioritizing GP services, dentists and schools so that any housing developments work for the community.
Crime and fly tipping – we’ve introduced regular meetings with the local police team to ensure effective communication of residents’ concerns, and to ensure anti-social behaviour and crime hotspots are identified and tackled by the local police. We’ve also introduced CCTV to effectively stop local fly-tipping, and ensure those doing it are prosecuted.
Work in thecommunity
· Regular community activities to improve the area, including litter picking groups in Grotton, Springhead and Lees, dealing with abandoned cars, tackling invasive species such as Japanese Knotweed, clearing blocked drains, reporting potholes, ensuring broken streetlights are dealt with.
· Support for local community groups, including regular IT sessions at Lido House,
· Funding sourced for a range of community groups (together with ward colleagues), specifically, 2200 Squadron Air Training Corps, Ashes Lane Play Group,
· Support for local residents at risk of homelessness, particularly engaging with the homelessness and housing teams at Oldham Council, and getting support with bidding for houses.
· Support for residents with varying planning applications, whether that is providing information to ensure large developments are dealt with fairly, or providing assistance and information on presenting or responding to smaller applications.
· It is not possible to record all casework and community work here, in particular where there are issues around confidentiality. Some casework has been specifically excluded, and others included deliberately in summary to ensure privacy confidentiality is respected. The remainder is abridged to minimize the length of the report.
Ward Budget Spend
Grit bins – fill on request Christmas event lighting
Provision of district Christmas trees Summer/winter district planting
Band contest funding Old Mill House outdoor aquarium
Replanting for Grotton wildflower meadow