Party: Liberal Democrats
Other councillors representing this Ward:
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Liberal Democrat Councillor, please contact Councillor Hamblett on telephone number 01706 660806 Mob: 07971 363794, email email@example.com , Twitter: @LouieHamblett, Facebook: /CouncillorLouieHamblett
Phone: 01706 660806
Bus. mobile: 07971 363794
Cllr Louie Hamblett – CromptonWard
• Supporting residents and local businesses though COVID-19
• Listening to residents
• Environmental issues
• Championing highway and footpath issues
• Protecting Greenbelt and OPOL
• New Health Centre for Shaw and Crompton
• Demanding better for Crompton
• Working all year round not just at election time.
• Highway improvements which includes footpaths and safety
• Tackling Dog Fouling
• Mental Health and Keeping Fit
Work in thecommunity
• Demanding better for Crompton.
• Working with and supporting our amazing GM Health and Social care colleagues.
• Working with our fantastic Royton, Shaw and Crompton District Team to deliver services and aspirations to Shaw and Crompton wards.
• Working with Oldham Council’s amazing staff, from the Chief Executive to Directors and Officers to deliver services for Crompton. Thank you for all your hard work I really appreciate everything each and every one does to make sure Crompton and Oldham is a great place to live, work and enjoy ??
• Knocking on doors all year round not just at election time and ensuring regular newsletters are delivered to every household in the ward.
• Provide regular updates on Twitter and Facebook
• Working with partners such as MIO (Made In Oldham) care, Oldham Cares, First Choice Homes Oldham, Greater Manchester Police and Shaw and Crompton Parish Council.
• Worked alongside ward colleagues to bring together the “I Love Crompton” campaign – banners are on lampposts around the ward, together with stickers on bins to remind residents to pick up after their dog and remember to put their own rubbish in it.
• Attended all Full Oldham Council meetings; have asked questions, made observations and asked questions on minutes as well as submitted motions to influence policy and procedures.
• I am the Shadow Cabinet Member for Health and Social Care, which I really enjoy as it gives me the opportunity to hold the administration to account while also offering other alternatives.
• Attended the mandatory training on “Safeguarding – Children and Adults” – “Appeals Home to school Transport Committee”
• Continue to campaign to get a Health Centre for the residents of Shaw and Crompton. Continuing to sort local environmental issues such as dog fouling, litter and fly tipping
• I continue to raise concerns about the state of the roads and working to fix potholes, surface erosion and making sure poor roads are part of a programmed works plan for replacement or treatment.
• Supporting community groups such as High Crompton Park Friends Group and Home watch Groups.
• Member of MIO (Made In Oldham) Care appointed by the Council – thoroughly enjoyed participating in the meetings as board member, Attend Health Scrutiny Board where I can observe Oldham and GM wide health plans plus adding in my own suggestions, I also sit on many other outside GM Health related bodies.
In addition I offer
general support for Crompton Cricket, Crompton Bowling Clubs, and
Crompton Football Club – where we have used our ward budget
to purchased football kits with the message ‘Love
Crompton’ to inspire the next generation of young people to
‘Love Where They Live’.
• Continue to Support the High Crompton Park Friends, together we have achieved a trim trail.
• My colleagues are committed to providing more AEDs in the ward of Crompton, the latest device has been installed at Fir Lane Methodist Church.
• Continue to support local residents by providing a refill for the grit bins that we have bought them, when the area does not meet the Council’s criteria
• Continue to report faulty Street Lighting columns.
• Safeguarding land as well as saving Council money by introducing Wildflower Meadow Schemes at sites in Crompton ward.
• My colleagues are committed to providing AEDs in the ward of Crompton.
• Worked with Parish Colleagues to install VE and VJ memorial benches.
• Working to achieve poppies to project on Crompton War Memorial.
• Working with tenders for the High Crompton Park to provide a Community Café.
• Working with Council Officers to safeguard a car park in High Crompton to ensure residents continue to have free parking.
• Established and continue to support the Homewatch schemes in Crompton, I continue to work with my colleague Cllrs Williamson and Murphy. We have already established and support two and will work with other areas to set up more.
• Support the Autism Strategy and now chairing the Autism Way Forward Board in the future.
• Attending the newly formed Oldham Pride Committee
• Supporting community groups.
• Delivered the project of Love Where You Live banners showing the message of no dog fouling and no litter fitted to columns at gateways such as Shaw Road – (location - Shaw Road nr Albion Gardens Close) with more banners in other areas.
• Just under 5000 dog fouling leaflets enough for each household delivered by Crompton Councillors and Liberal Democrat volunteers to each house in the ward.
• Deliver homewatch literature safety and security advice delivered to every house in Crompton personally funded by Diane, Dave and myself also delivered by volunteers with our regular Focus Newsletter.
• Councillors wrote to TfGM to ask for a meeting to save the 403 bus service, and request a review of the decision as a compromise, we managed to get TfGM to take away the element of the proposal that had the least impact, rather than the Crompton side as was planned, as such the 403 service has been saved.
• Lancashire Day was on 27 November 2020 and this year the Lancashire flag was flown in High Crompton Park.
Your Crompton Liberal Democrat Councillors would like to say a massive thanks to our NHS, Care and Support staff, Key workers and the whole Community for stepping up in our time of need. We are far from out of the woods yet and it’s definitely not business as usual, but we have been inspired by the resilience of the community.
Despite the lockdown, work still carries on for your local Liberal Democrat Councillors Diane Williamson, Dave Murphy and Louie Hamblett.
Issues for the community have taken on a whole new dynamic.
As local Councillors, residents have contacted us with issues that are slightly more complex than normal.
We are telephoning residents to make sure they are safe and well and have supported local businesses who have contacted us about the business grant schemes.
For support, please contact 0161 770 7007
T: 01706 660 806
M: 07971 363 794
Face to face Ward Surgeries are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please contact me by phone or email for any issues or problems.