If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillors, please contact
Councillor Fida Hussain
Tel: 07976 593 337
Level 3, Civic Centre
Mobile: 07976 593 337
· Fly tipping
· Housing / Hartford mill
· Safeguarding (refresher)
· Barnardo’s (child first)
Work in thecommunity
· Attending full Oldham Councilmeetings
· Attended training on “Safeguarding”,amongst other things
· Significant number of roads resurfaced across Ward
· Workedwith the local community centers with food packages for vulnerable and elderly during national COVID-19 lockdown
· Communicated with residents by telephone, email and Microsoft Teams during COVID-19 pandemic to tackle a range of problems
· Dealt with over 650 caseworks (via telephones, emails) etc.
· Attending and raising awareness of Covid 19 pandemic
· Welcomed the completion of new much needed housing on Suthers street /Edward street, Primrose Bank etc
· Continuous casework with constituents
· Addressing and tackling rise of fly tipping in the ward
· Arranged numerous street clean-ups. More to follow.
· Vice chair charitable trust.
· Planning committee member.
· Licensing committee member.
· Working with Residence/Police/Council regarding Anti-Social Behaviour.
· West Oldham D.P. committee.
· Addressing social & private housing shortage issues.
· Work close with Police and other agencies on child protection, drug abuse, alcohol and anti-social behaviour issues.
· Reducing carbon emission and working towards greener Oldham.
· Tackling poverty and creating employment for all.
· Listening and taking actions regarding issues raised by Werneth residents.
· Addressing mental health concerns from the impact of Covid-19 pandemic.