Saturday 3 December 2022
10.00am – 11.00am
Councillor’s R Ahmad, R Birch and P Dean (Labour)
St. Barnabus Church
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillor, please contact Councillor Dean on telephone number 07718 785 134 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
11 Oozewood Road
Phone: 0161 460 3979
Mobile: 07718 785 134
Cllr Peter Dean – Waterhead Ward
My Ward Priorities
based on the Covid
situation at the present time.
· To support residents, community organisations and workplaces to
· recover from Covid.
· To build on the cleaner street scheme, by creating a better environment.
· Improve health provision in Local areas
· Provide good quality Council services
· Improve housing in the Ward
· Work with police to reduce crime in Waterhead
Work in the community
It has been my pleasure to work with many organisation and groups in Waterhead. And along with my fellow Councillors we have made resources available for the following –
• Improvements in parks including Waterhead, Arundel St, Bullers Parks
• Work on landscaping scheme on Counthill Road
• Improvements to bridleways and footpaths.
• Support for sporting clubs
• A number of clean ups throughout the Ward
• Work on Community buildings
• Support to organisation during the Covid outbreak including food provisions
• We have also had meetings with many groups to give support to their work
I have attended all Council meetings in the last year.
I hold the following positions on the Council
• Chair of the Planning Committee
• Chair of the Standards Committee
• Member of the Audit Committee
I have responded to over 600 inquiries in the last year from constituents and visited and spoke to many residents, groups, and organisations, to resolve issues and get people’s views.
I hold a Ward clinic on the first Saturday of each month at venues throughout the Ward.
I am always available by phone or email to help and advise residents.
Targets for this year
* To build services in health, social care, education, and general Council services following Covid to a better improved and integrated standard.
* To work with residents and Council on cleaner streets and the environment.
* To improve educational opportunities for our young people.
* To create better paid jobs that are available for all.
Face to face Ward Surgeries are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please contact me by phone or email for any issues or problems.