I have lived most of my life in the St James ward. I grew up on Sholver and then lived in Derker, attended local schools and was involved in the community as a volunteer for many years.
I am a single mum with two grown up lads, so I can understand the needs and struggles of many parents in my ward.
This is why I will be supporting the “Get Oldham Working” project by helping people wherever possible to find work, so that our young people and all residents have the chance of getting work and the future they deserve.
Another of my priorities will be to assist residents coping with the impact of Welfare Reform and disabilities and signpost them to find the help, support and entitlement which is available in Oldham.
As a councillor I want to carry on my community work but also to try and make an even bigger difference for the residents of St James. I will continue to work with young and older members in the communities of the ward to ensure their views are heard and ensure they can inform the decision-making across the council.
I want to be a councillor who is accessible and proactive for the residents of Oldham.
I am also passionate about people taking pride in their community and want to actively involve residents in local community groups and environmental activities: encouraging people to ‘Love where you live’ and make a difference in their neighbourhoods.”
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillor, please contact Councillor Cosgrove on telephone number 07515 190476 or email her at email@example.com
6 Kipling Road
Mobile: 07515 190 476
Bus. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cllr Angela Cosgrove – St James Ward
MY WARD PRIORITIES
· Community engagement
· Parks and open spaces
· ASB & Crime reduction
· Youth and family services
· Highways and Traffic concerns
· Barnados Safeguarding modules
· Licensing safeguarding
Work in the community
· District Lead for the East Cluster, Vice Chair of Licensing committee, substitute for Planning, member of the Health Scrutiny.
· Secretary of The Friends of Stoneleigh Park, Member of Oldham’s Poverty Action Group and Stoneleigh Park bowling teams
· Campaigned and supported residents with St James planning concerns throughout the ward.
· Working with the Police, FCHO and community Safety on residents’ concerns around ASB and crime
· During the Covid pandemic I have volunteered at Stoneleigh Park community growing hub providing food and support to residents, helped isolated families and older member of the community access shopping, at Christmas again we supported families with presents and hampers for older members of the community.
· I complete daily casework issues around where I live and monthly in the other communities within the St James ward, so that issues can be raised and to engage with residents. I have also worked with the door-to-door Covid engagement teams out in the communities of my ward, supporting residents on the doorstep during my street surgeries as well as completing monthly surgeries and walkabouts with FCHO.
· My mobile phone has been busy with residents calling for support/help and I have tried to get all information around Covid out into the community on social media, arrange local testing and vaccinations sessions as well as provision of Lateral Flow test in the ward. I manage several community FB pages as well as the St James Labour page to try and get information out to residents.
· This next year again I will be supporting local families during the school’s holidays by volunteering my time to help with the provision of food and activities in Stoneleigh Park.
T: 0161 7700000
Monthly street surgeries and joint monthly surgeries with FCHO and GMP.
Please contact me by phone or email for any issues or problems.