If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillors, please contact:
Councillor A Cosgrove
Tel: 07515 190 476
6 Kipling Road
Mobile: 07515 190 476
Bus. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cllr Angela Cosgrove – St James Ward
My Ward priorities
· Community engagement
· Parks and open spaces
· Environmental issues and enforcement
· ASB & Crime reduction
· Young people and family services
· Highways and Traffic concerns
· Licensing safeguarding
Work in the community
· District Lead for the East Cluster, Licensing committee, Licensing Driver Panel, Planning committee
· Secretary of The Friends of Stoneleigh Park, Member of Oldham’s Poverty Action Group, Derker Community gardens and Stoneleigh Park bowling teams
· Campaigned and supported residents with St James planning concerns throughout the ward.
· Working with the Police, FCHO and community Safety on residents’ concerns around ASB and crime
· I volunteer at Stoneleigh Parks growing hub, the twice weekly Brew and Natters which are warm spaces for residents. By being based daily at Stoneleigh Park Community cabin I am accessible to residents to help, support and signpost them to help with a range of issues.
· I volunteer each school holiday at the family sessions in Stoneleigh Park with food provision and activities. Providing help, signposting/referring, advice and support to local families
· I complete daily casework issues around the communities within the St James ward, so that issues can be raised and to engage with residents so I am aware of resident priorities. I have also worked with the door-to-door engagement teams out in the communities of my ward, supporting residents on the doorstep during my street surgeries as well as completing monthly surgeries and walkabouts with FCHO.
· I organise and volunteer on Monthly litter picks with community volunteers throughout the year weather permitting.
· My mobile phone is busy with residents calling for support/help/advice with everyday problems and issues. I manage several community FB pages as well as the St James Labour page to try and get information out to residents.
· This last year I have used my Councillor budget to fund several community groups throughout the ward as they provide essential service and activities for St James residents. Events and activities I have supported are:
Ø Christmas light switch on at Moorside and refreshments at St Thomas Church afterwards
Ø Derker Community Gardens project site clearance
Ø Dirt Track bike track at Stoneleigh Park
Ø Sholver and Moorside Flower show
Ø Oldham Play action group activities near shops on Sholver
Ø Christmas project throughout the ward
Ø Pennine Cascades Dance Troupe
Ø Quality sports at Stoneleigh Park
Ø Sholver and Moorside Christmas raffle
Ø Residents requests for drop Kerb marking
Ø Memorial in memory of Rose Johnstone
Ø Match funding for the LIF bids for Stoneleigh Park play area and Pearly Bank clean up
T: 0161 7700000