Ward: Chadderton South
Other councillors representing this Ward:
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillor please contact Councillor Shah via telephone on 07966 297179 or via email at Arooj.Shah@oldham.gov.uk
c/o Leaders' Office
Phone: 07966 297179
Bus. phone: 0161 770 5738
Bus. email: Arooj.Shah@oldham.gov.uk
Cllr Arooj Shah – Chadderton South Ward
· Recovery from the Covid-19 Global Pandemic
· Support local community groups
Work in thecommunity
· 2020 and the start of 2021 has been difficult for all of us. The impact of the Covid-19 Global Pandemic has been incredibly changeling on many fronts. We have all seen the devastating impact it has had on us but what I am proud of how our communities have come together to ensure we do all we can to fight this virus.
· I continue to be incredibly grateful and proud to represent Chadderton South on Oldham Council. I have been accessible via my usual contact methods and via virtual ward surgeries. In addition, throughout the year, I have made a number of welfare calls to our most vulnerable residents within the ward.
· I have heavily participated in door to door engagement both within the ward and across the borough providing welfare checks for all our residents as we have continued to tackle Covid-19
· Agreed funding for a traffic survey for Owler Lane, Chadderton which will help to reduce issues for residents
· Providing opportunities for children within Chadderton South by agreeing funding for Fullcirle who have put together an Easter Bonnet making pack (craft materials) which will be delivered to children in South Chadderton a week or so before Easter asking them to create fabulous bonnets and post pictures of their finished masterpieces on social media
· Represented Oldham on TV and radio platforms throughout the Covid-19 pandemic to ensure that not only Oldham receives fair funding but to highlight the importance of inequalities in our Town which have exacerbated the impact of the pandemic on our communities
· In response to the Covid-19 Pandemic I quickly established and continue to chair an Advisory Board in Oldham to ensure all communities are represented as we build back better
· I have spoken at a range of conferences representing both Oldham and Greater Manchester
· Member of the GM Growth Company
· Member of the GMB Regional Equality Forum
· Member of the Local Government Association
T: 0161 7700000
Face to face Ward Surgeries are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please contact me by phone or email for any issues or problems.