Ward: Royton South
Other councillors representing this Ward:
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillor, please contact Councillor Chadderton on telephone number 07595 201269 or email her at email@example.com
Cllr Amanda Chadderton – Royton South Ward
MY WARD PRIORITIES
· Highways improvements
· Investing in green spaces
· Supporting local businesses
Work in the community
The past year has been a year like nothing we have ever experienced before. My Councillor role and the work that entails has radically altered from how I have worked in previous years. I also took two months off at the end of 2020 for maternity leave.
The Council has been at the frontline in responding to the Covid19 pandemic; including distributing emergency food and medicine, providing vital social care, running testing centres and now rolling out the vaccine.
Throughout 2020 it also had a huge impact on the way that the Council and Councillors worked.
Instead of attending meetings on your behalf at Oldham Civic Centre, all meetings have been held virtually, accessed via phone or laptop. I have continued to attend, albeit virtually, a range of meetings such as Full Council, Cabinet, Domestic Abuse Partnership Board and Oldham Advisory Group on Covid 19.
In my ward I have had to scale back the amount of work I can do in the community due to not being able to get out and about, but I have still been available by e-mail or telephone for people to contact me if they have problems they would like my assistance with. Whilst ward work has been scaled back, some of the things I have prioritised have been:
· Supported local residents in dealing with ongoing anti-social behaviour issues
· Campaigned to replace the zebra crossing in the centre of Royton with a pelican crossing
· Bid for Greater Manchester funding to transform the centre of Royton
· Supported and invested in the proposed Royton Growing Hub in Royton Park
· Launched Royton Connect campaign to improve links to and from Royton and make Royton centre more accessible for walking and cycling
I have kept in touch with local community groups as much as possible, via telephone, email and social media, and I look forward to becoming more active in the area again when restrictions are finally lifted.
Face to face Ward Surgeries are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please contact me by phone or email for any issues or problems.