Ward: Chadderton South
Other councillors representing this Ward:
Monday 5 September 2022 CANCELLED
7.00pm – 8.30pm
Councillor Graham Shuttleworth (Labour) and the Chadderton Neighbourhood Police Team
St George’s Over 60’s Club
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillors, please contact
Councillor Graham Shuttleworth
Tel: 07800 648 377
Level 3, Civic Centre
Mobile: 07800 648 377
Cllr Graham Shuttleworth – Chadderton South Ward
MY WARD PRIORITIES
To work with and for residents in order
to achieve the best possible
outcome for Chadderton South residents as a whole
· Continue to tackle fly tipping which blights our area
· To work with our partners who do so much to support others
· All relevant training is undertaken.
Work in thecommunity
· 2021 continued to throw up challenges as variants of Covid hit the Oldham area. However, I continued to engage with residents and partners as well as continuing to keep going round the ward as part of my commitment to ensure that Chadderton South isn’t neglected.
· I have worked with various groups of residents on planning applications, one of which lasted over 18 months. Two such applicants have been refused, one is now at the potential stage of enforcement and a watch continues to be taken on another.
· Working with our partners Full Circle I supported their Easter bonnet competition which enabled 100 young people in Chadderton South to participate and make their own hat
· Fly tipping continues to throw up the challenges created by those who clearly have little or no respect for the area in which they live and show scant regard for their friends and neighbours, but we shall continue to fight back. It is to be hoped that the Don’t Trash Oldham campaign will make such individuals realise that life is better without littering our streets and roads with waste. I shall continue to report fly tipping as and when seen.
· It was pleasing to hear from partners that the groups, Meeting Point at South Chadderton Methodist Church and the monthly coffee morning (dementia friendly) at St George’s Church are once again up and running. I have visited both groups since re-opening and will continue to support them throughout the year.
· While the government have lifted all Covid restrictions I would close by asking you all to keep safe and remember that Covid hasn’t gone away.
M: 07800 648 377
I now undertake joint surgeries with the neighbourhood policing team and these coincide with the police shift pattern. However, they are held on a monthly basis and I would encourage residents to check the council website for dates or the local newspaper for times and dates.