Party: Failsworth Independent Party
Ward: Failsworth East
Other councillors representing this Ward:
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Failsworth Independent Councillors please contact:-
Councillor B Hobin
Tel: 07971 363 791
Councillor N Hindle
Tel: 07811 720 908
Level 3, Civic Centre
Mobile: 07971 363791
Cllr Brian Hobin – Failsworth East Ward
MY WARD PRIORITIES
• Cleaner streets
• Community cohesion
• To be visible and available for all constituents in the Failsworth area.
Work in thecommunity
· At the onset of the National Lockdown I helped to establish a local Food Hub. For 22 weeks I then managed a distribution network by volunteers that provided over 2000 doorstep deliveries of groceries to the most vulnerable and isolated in the community.
· Worked with local businesses to ensure vital supplies reached the people that needed them. Worked with a local ‘Chippy’ to provide over 120 Fish & Chip suppers.
· Supported the Failsworth Walking Group enabling First Aid Training.
· Proudly accepted the position of Chairman of the local Sea Cadets where I will work to engage the youth in our area in this fantastic facility.
· Continued to push for Failsworth War Memorial repairs, which have now begun to fully refurbish the site.
· Worked with local businesses to secure sponsorship of defibrillators so that all schools within the Failsworth area now have a unit.
· Continue to Work to facilitate the restoration of Willow Park pond. Pushing for the work stalled due to lockdown.
· Support M35 Save Our Greenbelt group to fight building houses on the precious greenbelt land in the area.
· Contributed to refurbishment of St Johns Mission Hall.
· Maintained membership of The Failsworth Carnival committee, working with them to organise future annual events
· Supported numerous local community events, including Litter picks in Failsworth and Daisy Nook.
· Involved in working with local businesses in supporting the local Pubwatch scheme, supporting the establishment of the local Shopwatch scheme and attending and contributing towards their monthly meetings.
· I hold two regular surgeries per month.
· I am a member of the Audit committee and have sat on a council appeals panel.
Face to face Ward Surgeries are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please contact me by phone or email for any issues or problems.