Ward: Saddleworth North
Other councillors representing this Ward:
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillors, please contact:
Councillor G Hulme
Tel: 07971 363807
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Conservative Councillors, please contact:
Councillor P Byrne
Tel: 07703 348 755
Councillor L Lancaster
Tel: 07971 594 106
Bus. mobile: 07971 363807
Bus. email: George.Hulme@oldham.gov.uk
Cllr George Hulme – Saddleworth North Ward
· Green Saddleworth
· Public Transport
· Road Safety
Work in thecommunity
· Deputy Cabinet Member for Low Carbon and member of the Planning & Greater Manchester Economy, Business Growth and Skills Overview and Scrutiny Committees.
· Attended 100% of Oldham Councilmeetings and attended all required training.
· Worked with residents and the Council on meeting our targets for carbon neutrality, 2025 for the Council and 2030 for Oldham, through Oldham’s Green New Deal.
· On the planning committee, continued my record of not voting for any development in the greenbelt.
· During the pandemic, I volunteered at the Food Bank to help deliver food to residents across the borough and helped organise donations from the local Labour party to the food bank.
· Supported the campaign to re-regulate of the bus network in Greater and worked on solutions to increase capacity on buses for school students from Saddleworth affected by the Government rules around social distancing.
· Supported schemes to improve road safety and the introduction of 20Mph zones in Saddleworth North
· Campaigned for rural broadband improvements, an ongoing issue that has been exacerbated by so many working from home.
· Supported residents by phone and email to deal with problems raised by the Covid-19 pandemic as well as other issues. This including assisting residents on a wide range of queries ranging from universal credit to pot holes to planning to flooding.
M: 07534 073971
Face to face Ward Surgeries are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please contact me by phone or email for help with any issues or problems.