Party: Liberal Democrats
Other councillors representing this Ward:
Thursday 21 October 2021
7.30pm – 8.30pm
Councillors Hazel Gloster, Chris Gloster and Howard Sykes (Lib Dem)
Lifelong Learning Centre
Oldham OL2 8TB
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Lib Dem Councillor, please contact Councillor Hazel Gloster on telephone number 01706 847709 or via email at email@example.com Twitter: @hazel_gloster
Phone: 01706 847709
Bus. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cllr Hazel Gloster – ShawWard
· Supporting residents and businesses
· New Health Centre for Shaw
· Protecting Green Belt/Spaces
· Litter, Fly Tipping and Dog Fouling
· Listening and engaging with residents
· Environmental Improvements
· Local Policing ASB/crime
· Bus and tram services
· Highways, footways and speeding traffic
Work in thecommunity
Throughout 2020 the Covid-19 Pandemic has made us all view life very differently. We have all had to make changes, sacrifice our family and friendship connections and work very differently. The Community of Shaw has once again stepped up to the challenge by supporting our neighbours, shopping local to sustain our small businesses and in most cases, following the lockdown guidance to protect our NHS and save lives. Unfortunately, many have lost loved ones to Coronavirus and my deepest condolences are with all that have suffered a bereavement this year. I have truly been inspired by the way our residents have stepped up to the challenges we faced and my sincere Thanks goes out to our Key Workers, NHS and Emergency Services for the dedication they have shown to us all throughout this dreadful time.
Although the ways we have been working have changed dramatically, with far more emphasis being placed on telephone and electronic communications, the issues faced have remained very similar to previous years but with far more emphasis on our Community. Throughout the year I have continued to work hard for my residents offering support, advice and guidance to help meet their needs and resolve their issues where possible.
I have continued to demand Better for Shaw by: -
· Continuing to campaign for a new Health Centre for Shaw and Crompton.
· Supporting Businesses through their applications for the available Business Grants.
· I have worked with residents to overcome issues around school attendance and home schooling, together with issues around free school meals and access to appropriate information technology.
· I have liaised with Council departments such as Environmental Health, Waste and Highways to resolve incidences of Fly Tipping, Dog Fouling and missed rubbish collections to keep our communities clean.
· I have worked closely with our Education colleagues to ensure our teachers; support staff and parents are supported appropriately. I meet with them regularly to keep abreast of any issues our education providers are facing together with discussing potential resolutions.
· I have maintained a close link with our Children’s Services colleagues, who have faced a significant increase in cases of domestic abuse, significant injuries to children and safeguarding cases across the Borough and within my ward.
· I am a member of the Cross Party Climate Change group which is working to achieve a more sustainable future for our next generations.
· I have continued to work with key partners such as First Choice Homes and Guinness to resolve housing issues and ensure people feel safe and warm in their homes.
· I have worked with the police to install automatic number plate recognition cameras to tackle crime in Shaw together with our Youth services team to tackle Anti-social Behaviour.
· I have attended Full Oldham Council meetings, asking ward and cabinet questions together with submissions of motions to influence future policy decisions.
· I have campaigned to increase access to changing places across our Borough, a campaign which Tesco have now signed up to and use within their television adverts.
· I have attended training on Safeguarding Children’s & Adults and Social Media amongst others
· I have attended Shaw & Crompton Parish Council meetings and served on the Environment Committee working with The Friends of Crompton Moor to improve and enhance the beautiful nature we are so lucky to have on our doorstep.
· I have also kept in touch with some of our more elderly residents by telephone to ensure they are warm, comfortable and have enough food to keep them as healthy as possible.
T: 01706 847709
M: 07966 297202
Face to face Ward Surgeries are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please contact me by phone or email for any issues or problems.