Ward: Royton North
Other councillors representing this Ward:
I am proud to have been elected to represent Royton North since May 2014.
As a councillor I intend to make sure that Oldham Council delivers good quality services for the area. I hold a monthly surgery at Royton Town Hall as well as the regular Community Forum meetings held in Royton:
I worked part-time as a librarian in a local library and I have a real passion for getting children and young people enjoying reading and making the most of the library service
I was a Non-Executive Director of NHS Oldham – the award winning Primary Care Trust – which was responsible for NHS services in Oldham until 2012. I focused on providing responsive services and taking steps to help reduce health inequalities across the borough.
I have been active in my local community for many years, serving on voluntary groups including the Parent Teachers Association, plus supporting the Oldham Youth Brass Band and the great work done by the Music Service.
I am a Trustee of Positive Steps Oldham supporting young people in Royton and across the borough.
I am committed to working with Royton residents to improve the area and make it the best possible place to live and work.
My priorities for Royton are:
· To do everything I can to ensure that the precinct is redeveloped to give Royton a flagship town centre;
· To support Royton’s children and young people and help them achieve the best they can;
· To work with the police and community safety team to make Royton a safe place for everyone.
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillor, please contact
Councillor Hannah Roberts via telephone on 07816 335548, via email at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter: @hulme.roberts
Level 3, Civic Centre
Mobile: 07816 335548
Cllr Hannah Roberts – Royton North Ward
MY WARD PRIORITIES
· Supporting Royton jobs & businesses
Best start in life for
& young people
· Green Royton
Work in thecommunity
· Cabinet Member for Housing; member of the Foster Panel and Corporate Parenting Panel
· Governor at Blackshaw Lane School & Trustee of Positive Steps Oldham
· 100% attendance at Oldham Councilmeetings
· Volunteered at the Food Bank to help deliver food to residents in Royton and across the borough
· Supported residents by phone and e mail to deal with problems raised by the Covid 19 pandemic
· Succeeded in protecting Thornham Old Road site as Greenbelt (taken out of the GMSF) – a major success and the result of work on the Town Centre plans and the Mills Strategy
· Negotiated community compensation from United Utilities following Streetbridge closures which will pay for new polytunnel at the Growing Hub in Royton Park
· Local spending: additional funding for shop front improvement grants secured; new lighting in Cecil Street & outside Band Club; planting in Cecil Street open space; extra CAB sessions; completing Growing Hub works; Christmas lights; filling locally supplied grit bins; new defibrillator case.
· Responded to individual complaints from residents including: postbox reinstated at Turk’s Head; graffiti removal; missed bins; potholes; planning enforcement queries; public safety and enforcement of coronavirus restrictions; benches; dog fouling; litter and fly tipping; flooding; policing including burglaries and supporting Rochdale Road Slow Down campaign
M: 07816 335548
Face to face Ward Surgeries are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please contact me by phone or email for help with any issues or problems.