Ward: Royton South
Other councillors representing this Ward:
Saturday 5 August 2023
Councillors Steven & Marie Bashforth
Trinity Methodist Church
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillors, please contact:
Councillor M Bashforth
Tel: 01706 290 313
53 Penthorpe Drive
Phone: 01706 290 313
Bus. email: M.Bashforth@oldham.gov.uk
Cllr Marie Bashforth – Royton South Ward
My Ward priorities
Work in thecommunity
Personal Casework directed to me from residents
Meeting with residents one to one or in larger groups and by telephone and email.
Along with this work I am also involved in;
- Supporting residents whilst work is taking place in their immediate area due to private land development to ensure all planning criteria is being followed and when this is not happening to ensure we act on their behalf to correct any breaches of the planning conditions.
- Providing a bridge between residents and the council.
- Being an advocate for local residents and signposting them to the right people at the council.
- Keeping residents informed about the issues that affect them.
- Don’t Trash Oldham - attending regular Litter Picks around the area.
As much as I did come into my local political role to be here for local residents, over the years it has become clear to me that by taking on more ‘council based’ roles I can actually do more for our residents in the borough and in Royton. Everything I become involved in comes back to my work and life in Royton.
The roles I have taken, have involved work that is borough wide, remembering that Royton is part of the borough, and that all the subjects and areas that are covered and improved mean that the whole of the borough benefit from decisions made and improvements made to all the services involved in that role, this would include Royton and Royton residents.
Our biggest and most recent work is around the very clear and worrying health inequalities in our borough. Everyone involved with this Board have a vital role into looking at why we have these inequalities, what they can lead to, and what can be done to bring about positive changes.
T: 01706 290313
Face to face surgeries are planned and will commence as soon as possible. Alternative location is being looked at. Until then residents can contact me via email or telephone. I will ensure to be available to help and support our community in this way. Also