Ward: Failsworth West
Other councillors representing this Ward:
I am a lifelong Failsworth resident and was both very proud and humbled to be elected to represent my home town in the 2012 by-election.
Since elected it has been my pleasure to work the dozens of local organisations to improve the lives of people across the District. I support the Grassroots allotment project as Chair of their steering group and have funded community fun days in local parks and planting projects in Moston Brook.
I know from my surgeries and casework from residents that crime and anti-social behaviour is an issue that worries a lot of people. That is why I make time to join night time police patrols to get a feel for the real problems residents experience.
I have a heavy case file having dealt with numerous concerns on behalf of local people and pride myself on giving an honest answer, even when it's a difficult one to deliver.
For the last two years I have been a member of the Mayor's fund raising committee and have raised thousands of pounds for local causes.
Outside of being a Councillor, I work for a local healthcare company specialising in providing services to elderly people. With my Companies agreement I have been able to expand this service to care homes within the borough.
I am a proud Mother to two sons and two Grandsons who keep me on my toes!
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillor, please contact Councillor Garry on telephone number 0161 682 8755, mobile number 07866 575375 or email her at email@example.com
18 Woodford Road
Phone: 0161 682 8755
Mobile: 07866 575 375
Bus. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cllr Elaine Garry – Failsworth West Ward
MY WARD PRIORITIES
· Reduce crime and anti-social
· Support local community groups
· Improve road safety
· Tackle fly tipping and littering
Work in thecommunity
· Supported funding for traffic calming on Alder Road
· Campaigned to save the Failsworth to Ashton bus
· Supported funding for the resurfacing of Samuel Street, Springfield Close and Princess Street
· Volunteered to help at the Oldham foodbank
· Donated food for Oldham foodbank
· Communicated with residents by telephone, email and during COVID-19 pandemic to tackle a range of problems
· Part funded the provision of the Citizens Advice Bureau for Failsworth
· Supported the covid doorstep track and trace team across Failsworth
· Supported the covid doorstep engagement team across Failsworth
· Supported the improvements at Failsworth Cenotaph
· Member of Business Watch
· Member of Pub Watch
· Attended community clean ups across Failsworth
· Support the Mayor’s charity events
· Work with GMP to make Failsworth a safer place to live
T: 0161 682 8755
M: 07866 575375
Face to face Ward Surgeries are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please contact me by phone or email for any issues or problems.