Ward: Failsworth West
Other councillors representing this Ward:
I am a lifelong Failsworth resident and was both very proud and humbled to be elected to represent my home town in the 2012 by-election.
Since elected it has been my pleasure to work the dozens of local organisations to improve the lives of people across the District. I support the Grassroots allotment project as Chair of their steering group and have funded community fun days in local parks and planting projects in Moston Brook.
I know from my surgeries and casework from residents that crime and anti-social behaviour is an issue that worries a lot of people. That is why I make time to join night time police patrols to get a feel for the real problems residents experience.
I have a heavy case file having dealt with numerous concerns on behalf of local people and pride myself on giving an honest answer, even when it's a difficult one to deliver.
For the last two years I have been a member of the Mayor's fund raising committee and have raised thousands of pounds for local causes.
Outside of being a Councillor, I work for a local healthcare company specialising in providing services to elderly people. With my Companies agreement I have been able to expand this service to care homes within the borough.
I am a proud Mother to two sons and two Grandsons who keep me on my toes!
Thursday 2 March 2023
6.00pm – 7.00pm
Councillor E Garry (Labour)
Failsworth Town Hall
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillor, please contact:
Councillor E Garry
Tel: 07866 575 375
c/o Mayor’s Office
Phone: 0161 682 8755
Mobile: 07866 575 375
Download Elaine Garry contact details as VCard
Cllr Elaine Garry – Failsworth West Ward
MY WARD PRIORITIES
· Reduce crime and anti-social
· Support local community groups
· Improve road safety
· Tackle fly tipping and littering
• Effective Scrutiny
• Census Training
• Casework and advocacy skills
• Personal safety for Councillor’s
• Workforce strategy
• Planning applications
• Planning enforcement
• Corporate parenting
• Environmental services
• Bernardo’s training modules 1,2,3,4,5 and 6
Work in thecommunity
• Obtained funding for traffic calming on Alder Road.
• Obtained funding for traffic calming on Propps Hall Drive
• Donated food for Oldham foodbank.
• Communicated with residents by telephone, email and during COVID-19 pandemic to tackle a range of problems.
• Part funded the provision of the Citizens Advice Bureau for Failsworth.
• Supported the covid doorstep track and trace team across Failsworth.
• Supported the covid doorstep engagement team across Failsworth.
• Supported the improvements at Failsworth Cenotaph.
• Member of Pub Watch.
• Attended community clean ups across Failsworth.
• Support the Mayor’s charity events.
• Work with GMP to make Failsworth a safer place to live.
• Supported funding for the pathway across Somerset Road fields
• Resumed monthly surgeries
• Attended various functions in the role of deputy Mayor
M: 07866 575375
Face to face Ward Surgeries are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please contact me by phone or email for any issues or problems.