Ward: Failsworth East
Other councillors representing this Ward:
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillor please contact: Councillor Norman Briggs on Tel: 0161 684 1020 or via email at Norman.email@example.com
c/o Members Services
Level 3, Civic Centre
Phone: 07581 569858
Bus. email: CllrN.Briggs@oldham.gov.uk
Cllr Norman Briggs – Failsworth East Ward
MY WARD PRIORITIES
· I am the Chair of Trustees and a keen supporter of Oldham Cancer Support Centre which is based in Failsworth.
· As I have always said that “As long as I am a Councillor, my number one and overriding priority is - and always will be – representing the people of Failsworth, through my ward work, I will always work hard and to the best of my endeavors for them.
· I am very concerned about our environment, especially our Air Quality and the effects of Pollution on our residents, and I am currently a member of the Greater Manchester Clean Air Project.
Work in thecommunity
· I believe my priority is to the people of Failsworth who have a problemthat I can help them with. I have dealt with many and varying issues including housing repairs & allocations, housing development, education & school placement, highway & pavement problems, care & health issues and Policing issues.
· I have provided funding for the Citizens Advice Bureau, for Failsworth.
· I have met with Failsworth Group Practice Doctors with regards to residents’ concerns over appointments.
· As Chair of the Licensing Committee, I have introduced a pioneering ongoing NVQ Qualification for all taxi drivers, to raise quality and standards for taxi users. We are also currently working on the introduction of CCTV in taxis and restricting taxis from other authorities operating within Oldham.
· I am a member of the Labour Party, Labour Animal Welfare Society, The Co-op Party, Unite the Union, Oldham Cancer Support (Chair of Trustees), The Humane Society, The League Against Cruel Sports, Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB), International Federation for Animal Welfare (IFAW) and Millstream Animal Shelter.
· I am the Chair of the Licensing Committee and Licensing Panel; I also sit on the Standards Committee and Clayton Playing Fields Committee. I am also a substitute on the Petitioners Panel, and Traffic Regulation Order Panel.
· The outside bodies that I sit on are Pennine Acute NHS Trust Joint Overview & Scrutiny Committee, Pennine NHS Trust (Mental Health), Pennine Acute Trust Governor, Greater Manchester Combined Authorities, Statutory Functions Committee and GM Culture and Social Impact Fund Committee. I also attend Failsworth Pub Watch meetings.
· I have received Training on Child & Adult Safeguarding, Corporate Parenting, Licensing & Enforcement,
& Codes of Conduct.
T: 0161 684 1020
Ward Surgeries are cancelled because of COVID-19. I can be contacted, by phone or email for any issues or problems you may have.