Ward: St James
Other councillors representing this Ward:
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillor, please contact Councillor Ball on telephone number 0161 652 9464, mobile 07595 201268 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
15 Tuns Road
Phone: 0161 652 9464
Mobile: 07595 201268
Bus. email: C.Ball@oldham.gov.uk
Cllr Cath Ball – St James Ward
· Dog fouling and litter
· Supporting and working alongside residents
· Try and reduce Anti-Social behavior.
Work in the Council and Community
· Member of LGA Councillors Forum, Health & Wellbeing Board
· 100% attendance at Oldham Councilmeetings
· Attended training on “Safeguarding”,“Casework & Advocacy Skills” amongst otherthings
· Trustee of the Sholver and Moorside Community Team.
· Member of Friends of Stoneleigh Park.
· Vice chair of Governors of St Theresas Primary School Derker.
· Communicated with residents by telephone, email and Microsoft Teams during COVID-19 pandemic to tackle a range of problems (not very good at setting up a Teams meeting)
· Deputy Cabinet member covering Covid recovery and Poverty.
· Member of the Poverty Steering Group, and the Oldham Advisory and Equality Group
· Lead on the Armed Forces.
· Working with residents on the Oldham Remembers group. Here I have put together a list of soldiers’ names from World War One who are missing from our municipal war memorials, (2,500). I am now working on a similar list for those of the second world war. The WW1 names are now found in the Garden of the Forgotten in the Parish Church grounds.
· Council representative on ACE Charity. This is a charity specializing in AAC and Assistive Technology acecentre.org.uk
· With my poverty work I have had frequent contact with many Oldham groups who have been busy supporting our residents over the last 12 months, other regional and national groups.
· Member of Oldham Poverty Agenda group
· Oldham Foodbank – I do one half day session a week as a driver.
· Working alongside the Children’s society on our Crisis support work, liaising with colleagues in Tower Hamlets, Swansea and Norfolk.
· Working alongside PAG regarding the Poverty Truth Commission. Attending PTC conferences.
· Setting up an access to advice group, which is now a subgroup of the Poverty Agenda group
· Working alongside the Greater Manchester Poverty Group, attending their conferences and training sessions.
· Working on an Action Plan to help support and improve residents in Poverty.
· Supporting other groups like Reel, the Ancora Project, boxes of Hope, Family Action, some churches and Mosques, First Choice homes and their Bread and Butter Project.
· Working with the Food Solutions Group, the Food Partnership Group and the Food Security Group
T: 0161 652 9464
M: 07595 201268
Facebook www.facebook.com/Cath Ball Cllr for St James and St James Community News and Events
Face to face Ward Surgeries are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please contact me by phone or email for any issues or problems.