Ward: Chadderton Central
Other councillors representing this Ward:
I have lived in Chadderton for 40 years. My working life of 42 years was spent in the railway industry and I retired from work in 2009.
Having been active in local politics for 25 years and a school governor for 20 years, standing for election to the council seemed like a logical step. I first stood for election in 2011 and was elected to represent the Chadderton Central Ward.
As a Councillor I have enjoyed working with individuals, groups of residents, council officers and fellow councillors and I continue to work closely with ward colleagues on many issues including:
• The Broadway Green (Foxdenton) Development.
• Foxdenton Hall.
• Crossley estate refurbishment.
• Crossley Playing Fields.
• Highways issues on Broadway.
• Street Lighting.
I am actively involved in school governance as a recognised National Leader of Governance. I am Chair of Governors at The Learning Federation (Mills Hill CPS and Medlock Valley CPS), and also chair Westwood CPS, Interim Executive Board and am a governor at the Blue Coat School.
I am currently Deputy Cabinet Member, for Neighbourhoods and Cooperatives and serve on the following committees and outside bodies:
• Chadderton District Executive
• Licensing Committee
• Standards Assessment Hearing
• Standards Committee
• Appeals Panel
• Adoption Panel
• Community Safety and Cohesion Board
• Corporate Parenting
• Police and Crime Steering Group
I have also previously served on the Fostering Panel, Transport for Greater Manchester, Planning Committee and was Chair of Licensing in 2013–14.
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillor, please contact Councillor Moores on telephone number 07765 402484 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chadderton District Executive
- Clayton Playing Fields
- Health and Well Being Board
- Standards Assessment Hearing
- Standards Committee
Appointments to outside bodies
- Adoption Panel
- Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Community First Oldham
- Corporate Parenting Panel
- Interim GM Health and Wellbeing Board
- Oldham Enterprise Trust
- Pennine Care NHS Trust (Mental Health)