Ward: Chadderton Central
Other councillors representing this Ward:
I have lived in Chadderton for 40 years. My working life of 42 years was spent in the railway industry and I retired from work in 2009.
Having been active in local politics for 25 years and a school governor for 20 years, standing for election to the council seemed like a logical step. I first stood for election in 2011 and was elected to represent the Chadderton Central Ward.
As a Councillor I have enjoyed working with individuals, groups of residents, council officers and fellow councillors and I continue to work closely with ward colleagues on many issues including:
• The Broadway Green (Foxdenton) Development.
• Foxdenton Hall.
• Crossley estate refurbishment.
• Crossley Playing Fields.
• Highways issues on Broadway.
• Street Lighting.
I am actively involved in school governance as a recognised National Leader of Governance. I am Chair of Governors at The Learning Federation (Mills Hill CPS and Medlock Valley CPS), and also chair Westwood CPS, Interim Executive Board and am a governor at the Blue Coat School.
I am currently Deputy Cabinet Member, for Neighbourhoods and Cooperatives and serve on the following committees and outside bodies:
• Chadderton District Executive
• Licensing Committee
• Standards Assessment Hearing
• Standards Committee
• Appeals Panel
• Adoption Panel
• Community Safety and Cohesion Board
• Corporate Parenting
• Police and Crime Steering Group
I have also previously served on the Fostering Panel, Transport for Greater Manchester, Planning Committee and was Chair of Licensing in 2013–14.
Mobile: 07765 402 484
- Chadderton District Executive
- Clayton Playing Fields
- Health and Well Being Board
- Licensing Committee
- Standards Assessment Hearing
- Standards Committee
Appointments to outside bodies
- Adoption Panel
- Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Community First Oldham
- Corporate Parenting Panel
- Interim GM Health and Wellbeing Board
- Pennine Care NHS Trust (Mental Health)