Ward: Royton North
Other councillors representing this Ward:
I am proud to have been elected to represent Royton North since May 2012.
As a councillor I intend to make sure that Oldham Council delivers good quality services for the area. My contact details are below and I also hold a monthly surgery at Royton Town Hall.
I work part-time as a librarian in a public library and I have a real passion for getting children and young people enjoying reading and using the facilities.
I was a Non-Executive Director of NHS Oldham – the award winning Primary Care Trust – which was responsible for NHS services in Oldham until 2012. I focused on providing responsive services and taking steps to help reduce health inequalities across the borough.
I have been active in my local community for many years, serving on voluntary groups including the Parent Teachers Association, plus supporting the Oldham Youth Brass Band and the great work done by the Music Service.
I am committed to working with Royton residents to improve the area and make it the best possible place to live and work.
My priorities for Royton are:
· To do everything I can to ensure that the precinct is redeveloped to give Royton a flagship town centre;
· To support Royton’s children and young people and help them achieve the best they can;
· To work with the police and community safety team to make Royton a safe place for everyone.
If you have any queries or problems that need to be discussed with your Labour Councillor, please contact Councillor Roberts on telephone number 07870 597302, email her at email@example.com or Twitter: @hulme.roberts
Appointments to outside bodies
- Corporate Parenting Panel
- Fostering Panel
- GMCA Housing, Planning & environment Overview & Scrutiny
- Oldham Council Music Awards
- Royton Sick and Needy