I live in Coppice with my family and have lived in Oldham since my childhood so it was a great honour when I became the Mayor of Oldham in 2008/09.
I was elected onto Oldham Council in 2000 and I’ve served on various committees and held different cabinet portfolio’s.
I was the Deputy Leader of the council from 2011 – 2014 with the responsibility for Oldham town centre. I am currently the Cabinet Member for Employment and Enterprise.
I am also a governor at Oldham Sixth form College and Werneth Primary school and I chair the Enterprise Trust.
I am employed by Great places Housing Group.
Over the 14 years that I’ve represented Werneth, some neighbourhoods have changed significantly in particularly in housing terms. Some of the major projects that I have been involved with include;
· New homes developed across the ward in Freehold, Coppice and Primrose Bank;
· A new community centre in Primrose Bank;
· Alleygating across the ward;
· A new integrated health centre – Werneth Medical centre;
· Floodlit multigames areas in Coppice (Tudor St( and Freehold (Milne St);
· Improvements to Werneth Park play area.
I am passionate about community development work and always striving to improve my town and ward - trying new ways of working in cooperation with residents. I’m also the vice chair of Tudor Community Sports group and am currently developing a new local scheme called ‘Love Your Street’ as part of the borough wide ‘Love where you live’ initiative.
94 Wellington Road
Phone: 0161 287 2005
Mobile: 07973 101633
- Cabinet Sub Committee (BPT)
- Cabinet Sub-Committee (FTC)
- Clayton Playing Fields
- West Oldham District Executive
Appointments to outside bodies
- Hollies Trust
- Oldham Economic Development Association Board
- Oldham Enterprise Trust
- University of Manchester General Assembly
- West Oldham Children’s Centre District Advisory Board