Erection of a two and four storey secondary
school and associated access, car parking, sport facilities,
landscaping and substation.
APPLICATION NUMBER: PA/342585/18
APPLICANT: Galliford Try Partnerships North West
PROPOSAL: Erection of a two and four storey secondary school and associated access, car parking, sport facilities, landscaping and substation.
LOCATION: Former Breeze Hill School, Roxbury Avenue, Oldham, OL4 5JE
It was MOVED by Councillor S. Bashforth and SECONDED by Councillor Hewitt that the application be APPROVED.
On being put to the vote, it was UNANIMOUSLY cast IN FAVOUR OF APPROVAL.
DECISION: That the application be GRANTED subject to the conditions as outlined in the report, and to the following additional/ amended conditions:
The development hereby approved shall be carried out in strict accordance with the tree protection measures detailed in the Arboricultural Implications Assessment and Method Statement by DEP Landscape Architecture (Job no. 3986 Rev C submitted 30 January 2019). The identified tree protection measures shall be implemented before any development takes place and maintained as such thereafter for the entirety of the construction period.
Reason - To ensure that adequate measures are put in place to protect existing trees which are to be retained as part of the development.
The development hereby approved shall not be brought into use unless and until details of a school safety zone, located on the approach to the site along Lees Road and Breeze Hill Road has been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The approved scheme shall be implemented in accordance with the approved details and a timetable for implementation that shall also have been submitted to and approved in writing as part of the scheme. The detailed school safety zone scheme should as a minimum include for the following provisions:
1. Keep Clear road markings on Breeze Hill Road;
2. The signalisation of the Lees Road/Breeze Hill Road/ Wellyhole Street junction with all associated radius improvements and crossing facilities;
3. Additional modelling of the Lees Road/Breeze Hill Road/Wellyhole Street junction using TRANSYT15;
4. Inclusion of the Lees Road/Breeze Hill Road/ Wellyhole Street signalised junction into the SCOOT region;
5. All associated signs and road markings on the approach to the school;
6. The provision of a footway, minimum width 2.0 metres along the length of Breeze Hill Road on the approach to the school from Lees Road.
Reasons – To facilitate the safe movement of pedestrians, cyclists and other highway users in the vicinity of the development
The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in full accordance with the surface water drainage strategy outlined in the Flood Risk Assessment and Drainage Strategy [author: Scott Hughes (document reference 3373-SHD-00-ZZ-RP-C-0001 Rev 3) dated December 2018]. The measures contained within the Flood Risk Assessment shall be implemented before the development is first brought into use and shall be retained as such thereafter.
Reason - To ensure that the development is not at risk of flooding and does not increase flood risk elsewhere, and that there adequate measures are put in place for the disposal of surface water.
1. That an Objector and the Applicant attended the meeting and addressed the Committee on this application.
2. In reaching its decision, the Committee took into consideration the information as set out in the Late List attached at Item 15.